Who We Are: Founded by nurses who believe that healthcare begins in the home, we have been providing quality Home Health Services to Bay Area communities since 2012. Today, we’re extremely proud to be one of the largest, fastest growing, independently owned home health companies in Northern California.
Because of our strong core values and exceptional service, HealthFlex has been awarded:
- “Home Care EliteTop 500 Agency”
- “Best & Brightest Companies to Work For Bay Area”
- “SF Business Times Fast 100 & Top Women Owned Business”
- Five Star Rated Quality Outcomes
- 4.7 Glassdoor rating and 92% CEO approval
Benefits of joining our team:
- Sign On Bonus Up to $10K (dependent up on position, location and experience)
- Strong market competitive compensation plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Choice of 9 medical plans, including two at 100% coverage
- Retirement matching up to 4% after 90 days of employment
- Competitive paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay
- Company Car
- Paid CEUs & CPR
- Options for FSA and HSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employee Discount Program
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Paid Mileage, Toll and Parking
- Ipad and Cell Phone Provided
Position Summary: HealthFlex is seeking a compassionate and experienced Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager who strives to make a real impact for our community. By joining our team you will be providing skilled services to help patients and families cope with the End of Life process.
Schedule: Full Time, Part Time or Per Diem
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Write and initiate plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluates patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participates in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Current and unrestricted CA license
- 1+ years of Hospice Case Manager Experience required
- Current AHA CPR certification
- Driver's License
- Able to travel to our Oakland office for weekly IDG meetings
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
What sets us apart:
- Manageable Caseloads
- Clustered Territory
- Flexible Schedule
- Work Remote and Independently
- Successful Onboarding Program
- Supportive Leadership Team
- Responsive Internal Support
Don't just take it from us, check out what others are saying about their experience at HealthFlex and visit Glassdoor, our reviews speak for themselves! To get a taste of our fun and supportive culture visit Facebook and LinkedIn.
HealthFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is HealthFlex’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and job applicants. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner or relationship status, family or parental status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, height, weight, place of birth ,or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.