HealthFlex Hospice is seeking an experienced Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager for the San Mateo County area who strives to make a real impact for our community. By joining our team you will be providing skilled services to help patients and families cope with the End of Life process.
Founded by nurses who believe that healthcare begins in the home, we have been serving Bay Area communities since 2012.
Join the best Hospice team in the Bay Area! Supportive and responsive office team to assist you promptly while you are in the field.
Benefits of joining our Team:
- Highest Rates in the Industry with options of Salary or Pay Per Visit
- Paid Mileage and parking – Non-Taxed
- Supportive and responsive office team to assist you promptly while you are in the field.
- One-to-one patient care
- Continued Education and Development
- Excellent Work-Life Balance
- 100% Health Insurance (medical, vision and dental) + coverage for dependents with our company CORE plan
- Options for FSA and HSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company-matching
- Employee Discount Program
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Generous paid vacation, sick time and holiday pay
- Company Car options
- Sign-on Bonus
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Write and initiate plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluates patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participates in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Current and unrestricted CA license
- 1+ years of Hospice Case Manager Experience required
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.